Immigrant Investor Program
**Important: The Quebec Investor Program will restart intake of Application from 30th May 2016 for a limited time with quota restrictions. Please contact us in Toronto at 001-416-913-0230 or 001-647-835-0660 to complete your file in advance and to allow for a timely submission. You can also complete our online assessment form, book a confidential consultation or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org**.
Created by the provincial government in 1986, Quebec’s Immigrant Investor Program is designed to allow business people and their families to enter the province of Quebec as permanent residents on an unconditional basis. In return, funding made available through the program helps provide subsidies in support of Quebec small and medium businesses. Read about benefits of settling in Quebec
To meet the government criteria for the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program, you must, among other things:
- Have a minimum net worth of CDN $1,600,000, acquired through lawful economic activities, excluding the amounts received by donation less than six months before the date on which the application was filed;
- Have management experience (duties related to the planning, management and control of financial resources and of human or material resources under your authority), for at least two years in the five years preceding the application for a selection certificate, in a legal business (farming, commercial, industrial or professional), or for an international agency, a government or one of its departments or agencies;
- Agree to invest CDN $800,000 over a five-year period through an Authorized Financial Intermediary duly recognized by the Immigration Authorities in Quebec (MICC) and Investissement Quebec (IQ). This investment is fully guaranteed by the Government of Quebec.;
- Declare the intent to settle in the province of Québec.
There are two different ways to make the required investment in order to qualify for the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program. Applicants can either deposit the full investment (Full Investment), or finance the required amount (Financed Investment).
The investor deposits the full amount of CDN $800,000. No further payment is required.At the end of the five year period, CDN $800,000 is returned to the investor with no accrued interest.
The investor pays a reduced amount*, which is used to finance a CDN $800,000 closed five-year term loan from a chartered bank. No further payment is required. However, the paid amount is not returned to the investor at the end of the five-year period.
This option is particularly attractive for applicants seeking to retain maximum capital for investment in ongoing business operations.
* This amount may change marginally, if the prime lending rates in the national banking system rise or fall in response to changes in the Bank of Canada key interest rate.
Investors and their family members who have lived in Canada for three out of four years (1,095 days) preceding the application (it is currently 4 out of preceding 6 years but it is expected to change back to 3 out of preceding 4 years once again soon), have adequate knowledge of English and/or French, have no criminal record and have acquired knowledge of the rights and responsibilities of citizenship, as well as an understanding of Canada’s history, values, institutions and symbols, are eligible to apply for citizenship.
Costs and Procedures
Government application fees for the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program are $15,000 CAD for the principal applicant and all accompanying dependents.
The Six Steps Involved
Prepare and submit a complete application as per the government’s guidelines, and pay fees. To note that applicants that meet French language requirements are processed on a priority basis.
Applicant is notified that their application is selected for processing and further information may be requested from the government.
Applicants may be asked to attend a selection interview.
Applicants that qualify will receive the “Intent to issue a Quebec Selection Certificate” and requested to transfer their investment to their financial institution within 110 days.
The financial intermediary transfers the investment to the government and the government issues the Quebec Selection Certificates.
Applicant submits a request for a Permanent Resident Visa with Citizenship and Immigration Canada to complete medical and security checks.