Immigration to Portugal
Portugal is a southern European country on the Iberian Peninsula, bordering Spain. Its location on the Atlantic Ocean has influenced many aspects of its culture: salt cod and grilled sardines are national dishes, the Algarve’s beaches are a major destination and much of the nations architecture dates to the 1500s-1800s, when Portugal had a powerful maritime empire.Portugal is ranked 41stout of 187 countries in the United Nations Human Development Index 2014, placing it in the very high human development group. It became a member of the European Union in 1986.The country is famous for its history and cultural heritage, as well as its warm climate and range of diverse landscapes, beaches, hillsides and mountains, a wondrous national park, numerous natural parks and reserves, superb cuisine and hospitable people.
- Capital: Lisbon
- Population:10.32 million (2016)
- Currency: Euro
Whilst the vast majority of an application under the Program may be prepared from abroad, applicants must travel to Portugal for the purpose of supplying biometric data.
The initial residence permits are issued for one year and must be renewed upon expiry. The renewal depends on the applicant meeting program’s residence obligation.
The Program is administered by the Portuguese Servio de Estrangeiros e Fronteiras (SEF), the countrys aliens and border control authority.
- 7 days during the first year of residence; and
- 14 days during each subsequent two years of residence.
Residents of Portugal can take advantage of several benefits, including:
- Live, study and travel in Europe.
- Most popular European property investment scheme
- Very minimal residency requirements.
- Profitable real estate investment
- Naturalize for citizenship after 6 years. Citizens of Portugal may travel visa-free to around 170 countries, including Canada, the United States, the
- European Union (including the United Kingdom), and the Schengen region.
- No taxes unless you live 183 days in Portugal
- No interviews, No language tests
- Immigrate to Europe with family and children and enjoy the safety an mobility that comes with residence in Europe.
- Travel freely in Schengen including Switzerland, Germany etc.
- Qualify for Portuguese PR after 5 years of living.
Step 1: Complete our online assessment form and thereafter, if found eligible, book a formal consultation with AIA to discuss the Program with a member of the AIA team, who will assist you in selecting the best investment option available.
Step 2:Become a client of AIA, and begin collecting documents for your application.
Step 3:Work in concert with AIA to complete all necessary application forms and obtain all required documentation. All documents must be provided either in Portuguese or in English, and if original documents are not in these two languages, then they must be translated, notarized, and legalized.
Step 4:Purchase of real estate in Portugal, investment in a Portuguese business, or investment in Government financial instruments.
Step 5:Submission of the application to the SEF,the body thatprocesses Golden Residence Permit applications. AIA via its authorized partners will provide the SEF with documentary evidence of the purchase of real estate or of the investment, such as share or ownership certificates.
Step 6:Granting ofthe residence permit, with the right to settle in Portugal and travel throughout the Schengen Area.
How we can help
We offer the following standard services in association with our Authorized Partners:
- A dedicated relationship manager as your single point of contact throughout your application.
- Professional guidance via our authorized representative on the application procedure and support throughout the process.
- Documentation preparation and validation.
- Representation by our authorized partner on your behalf before the Government.
- Management and resolution of any legal queries related to the application.
- Additional services available on request for clients wishing to utilize our partner network to support their application, including the following:
- Concierge services
- Property investment and advice
- Notary Public services
- Relocation assistance
- Translation services
- Tax planning
- Medical services
- Trust planning
- Banking services
- Fiduciary services
1. Capital Transfer
Applicants under this first option must make a capital investment of at least Euro 1,000,000.
Applicants under this second option must purchase residential, commercial, or agricultural real estate worth at least Euro 350,000 to Euro 500,000.
3. Ten Jobs
Applicants under this third option must create at least ten jobs in Portugal.